Text to
Text:
I
found a text to text connection between the book Thirteen Reasons Why
and the book My Sister's Keeper. In
the book My Sister's Keeper at a very young age Kate Fitzgerald was
diagnosed with leukemia. At first Kate
really didn't think anything of it. Yes,
of course she was being looked at differently and people were judging her
because she had lost all of her hair.
Although, Kate just put that behind her and lived her life as if she was
cancer free. Once, Kate gets older she
comes to realize that her leukemia is tearing her family apart. Kate soon feels that she is the reason her
family is falling to pieces. Kate now
knows the cancer is not only killing her, but it is killing the rest of her
family too. She then wishes death upon
herself; Kate wants to die. (For more on
this book read my other blog posts)
In
the book Thirteen Reasons Why Hannah was being bullied. She was being bulling in many ways and by
many people. The kids that were messing
with Hannah had taken it way too far and they would not leave her alone. Hannah was strung over and also wished to
die, like Kate. Hannah had, had enough
and committed suicide. Why didn't Hannah
ask for help? Why didn't Kate try to
pull her family back together? Did
either of these two girls even try to save themselves? Is death really the answer to every
situation?
Text to
World:
The
book Thirteen Reasons Why relates to the world of teenagers and bullying. Did you know 30% of teenagers in the United
States have been involved in bullying? I
predict these bulling statistics will always occur and be an issue because there
will always be people in the world that are cruel to others. As much as I wish bulling didn't exist I know
it will always be an issue of discussion.
Data is suggesting that bullying is very common in the life of a
teenager. Hannah in the novel Thirteen
Reasons Why was fifteen years old
and was also being bullied. The bullying
Hannah was experiencing was so severe that she committed suicide. Teenagers in the world today also can become
very depressed which can lead to suicide.
Teenagers today as well as Hannah Baker are dying from the wrath of their
peers.
Text to
Self:
The
book I have just recently finished, Thirteen Reasons Why, believe it or
not can relate to my life. I have experienced
others being bullied and I have also been bullied. Bullying is a very crucial topic and I wish
it didn't exist. I don't enjoy to be
bullied and it really hurts my feelings.
You could come to a conclusion that Hannah Baker and I have both gotten
our feelings hurt from bullies. I have
been bullied just like Hannah was bullied in the story Thirteen Reasons Why. Why do people bully me? Why do people bully others? Why did people bully Hannah? One reason I think people bully others is because
of jealousy. The kids in the novel may
have bullied Hannah because they were jealous of her. She was pretty and rich. Some people think that if you bring someone
else down then it will make you have more power. I wish bullying didn't exist and I am pretty
sure Hannah would agree with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment