My Books

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Interlopers


Out of all the short stories we read in class my favorite was The Interlopers by Saki.  I really liked this short story because it was written very well.  There was a lot of description and you could very easily picture the rivalry of these two families.  Based off of the description the author gives you, you can picture the setting of the story.  You are able to feel and see the story.  I also really liked this short story because it had a well thought out conflict.  I really liked how the story was planned out.  The conflict was very well written and really helped create a well-rounded short story.  Another reason why I really enjoyed this short story is because you wanted to keep reading to find out what was going to happen and which side was going to come to the rescue first.  The author did a great job of keeping you hooked.  This book was also had a great theme.  The theme of this short story was ‘Don’t judge someone based on past experiences or history, wait until you get to know them yourself.’  This theme was not only placed very well into the story but this also can apply to people today.  If you decide to read this story it would be a great experience for you to learn from. If you like short stories that are very easily comprehendible that will keep you hooked with a good plot this would be a great reading for you!   

2 comments:

  1. This was my favorite story as well! I really liked the message it sent out to the reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good summary of the book. I didn't like it but this post perfectly sums it up.

    ReplyDelete