My Books

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Romeo and Juliet


            So far the play Romeo and Juliet is, I think pretty great.   Although, there are a few things that I don’t really like.  One thing that I don’t like about this play is that the words are from olden English and are hard for me to comprehend.  All of the words that I don’t know become overwhelming and I start to lose focus.  My brain shuts down and intern I don’t know what is going on in the play.  It would be better if there was a more up to date version that had a different choice of words.  Words that would not take away from the main ideas of the text but would allow me to stay focused and interested in the text.  Also, I really didn’t understand the beginning of the story and some parts can become overwhelming such as the Queen Mab section.  Although, with the help of my classmates they are able to explain it to me and I am now able to understand difficult parts in the play.    

            One last flaw I have with the play Romeo and Juliet is that it isn’t realistic.  When Romeo and Juliet first meet they think they have already fallen in love.  It is way too sudden for many reasons.  One reason being is that Romeo has always already thought he has found true love.  After seeing Juliet one time he suddenly switches his feelings and now believes his love is for Juliet.  Romeo and Juliet have just met for the first time and have only said about three words to each other.  They have no idea of each other’s personalities or views for the future.  There is no way that they have fallen in love this fast.  The scene, I believe went to fast and was so unreal. 

            Other than the unreal love and misunderstanding of complicated words I have really enjoyed this play.  I also really like how we watch the first made movie and the most recent movie made.  I really like getting a good visual of what is going on.  After reading it and watching it two times I think it is a lot easier to understand what is going on.  This play has a really intriguing plot and I can’t wait to find out what happens at the end.      

No comments:

Post a Comment