Looking back at
trimester one my favorite book I read was Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay
Asher. In trimester one I started a book
called Eight Keys and read about half way through it. I came to find when starting the book it
wasn’t very interesting I thought I would wait a while through the book and
give it time and later on I would start to enjoy it. I found out this book wasn’t the book for
me. It was written at a lower level and
was really drug out and the text kept repeating itself and in 100 pages you
were still at the same spot you were on page 1.
I also had read the book My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult for
my summer reading project and it has turned out to be one of the best books I
have ever read.
From trimester one
I really enjoyed Thirteen Reasons Why because it always kept you on your
toes. When reading this book I felt like
I could never put it down I just wanted to keep reading and reading. I wanted to find out more of the ways why
Hannah had chosen to end her life. I
wanted to find out what part her crush had to do with this situation. Another reason why I think I really enjoyed
this book is because the main character Hannah is a teenager. It was easy to in some ways relate to her and
I felt it related to some kids that go to Mason High School. When reading the book it was really easy to
picture myself in her shoes.
Hannah was a
teenager with some struggles and with the help of the author Jay Asher you
could really find yourself wrapped up in a good book. I think this book is a great lesson for
teenagers because you will learn to be respectful to others because you don’t know
what they’re going through. It’s a great book to learn that bullying isn’t
okay because it can lead you to a situation where someone could be badly hurt
in this case Hannah was the one who decided to end her life. For teenagers that read this book I think it
would be a big eye opener to stop bullying and be respectful to all of your
peers. Overall this book from trimester
one has been one of my favorites of all times.
This novel is very detailed with a great lesson to learn that will keep
you wanting to never put the book down.

I love that book too! It's written in a really creative way and has a great message.
ReplyDeletei read this book a while ago and i know it's one i can always re-read, it was written so well!
ReplyDeleteI read your original blog post on this first tri and loved it. I really wanted to read it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm hoping I will be able to get to it soon!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren! I got a little excited about this blog post when I saw the title. Thirteen Reasons Why is a book that I have been DYING to read, so I felt a little interested to see what you had to say about it. I definitely agree with you that this story has so many lessons to be learned. Before reading this book, Hannah attracts me as a main character. Like you said, she's a teenage girl in high school just like us. We can understand what she is going through and maybe better understand why suicide is such a prominent occurence today. I hope to read this book in the near future, and I am glad you enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of this book before but it sounds really interesting. I know we all have been to multiple bullying seminars in our lifetime, but the message is really important. I think your right in saying that this book teaches lessons on why it's important to be nice to each other. I also am intrigued because you said Hannah is very relateable.
ReplyDeleteI was going to read that book but decided not to not sure why because it seems great! I will definitely read that next.
ReplyDelete